Writing elvish

  • Andrew Warwick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2002
      Hi. I have been trying to translate a phrase into elvish, similar to the script on the One Ring from Lord of the Rings. So far i have the phrase translated into elvish, but only using english characters. I was wondering if you could show me how it should be written out in the elvish script. I think that quenya is what i want. In general, i liked the script on the One Ring, and i think it was quenya that looked the closest.

      Thank you very much for you time and effort.

      Andrew

      P.S.- I have the quenya alphabet as it appears at http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/tengwar/quenya.htm. You can just tell me which characters to use in what order. Also, it does not matter if the language at this site is a little off, as what i am doing is basically for looks. Thanks again.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2002
        teithant Andrew Warwick

        > Hi. I have been trying to translate a phrase into
        > elvish, similar to the script on the One Ring from
        > Lord of the Rings. So far i have the phrase
        > translated into elvish, but only using english
        > characters. I was wondering if you could show me

        the characters are called Roman, not english :)

        > how it should be written out in the elvish script.
        > I think that quenya is what i want. In general, i
        > liked the script on the One Ring, and i think it was
        > quenya that looked the closest.

        no, Quenya is a language, the script is called
        tengwar.. so you want to write in tengwar.. you can
        look at http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at to learn about
        them