[elfscript] Sindarin translation

  • Tera
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 13, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm just trying to translate something into sindarin
      and was wondering if you could check it over.

      'joyous [is] our union, lamentable our farewell'

      my attempt:

      'meren erthad mîn, navaer naer mîn'

      Thanks for any help :)

      http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
      - Get the best out of your PC!
    • laurifindil
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 13, 2002
        Dear Tera,

        This ML is NOT dedicated to _translation_ but to the writing systems
        made up by Tolkien.

        Please use Elfling (on groups.yahoo.com) where you wil get
        "something"... of an anwser... :-(

        N.B. Could the usual GROUP of people *refrain* from their urge to
        explain how well they have learned the Elven Language from the
        Ardalambion site and direct also Tera to the Elfling mailing list?

        Thank you all

        --- In elfscript@y..., Tera <melkortheevilfish@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm just trying to translate something into sindarin
        > and was wondering if you could check it over.
        >
        > 'joyous [is] our union, lamentable our farewell'
        >
        > my attempt:
        >
        > 'meren erthad mîn, navaer naer mîn'
        >
        > Thanks for any help :)
        >
        > http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
        > - Get the best out of your PC!
      • Karyn Keller
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 16, 2002
          I was told that there was a part of the DVD about Quenya, do you know what it is under?? i cant find it on mine. thanx

          ~Helkaahawen

        • Neamh
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 16, 2002
            You mean the Lord of the Rings DVD?

            There was a 2nd DVD in the pack and it had on it a section about the
            teaching
            of the elvin language. That may be what you heard - i could be wrong tho.

            Nèamh