Confused about Tengwar Quenya

  • dnelle74
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5 5:27 PM
      I've been studying the tengwar for quenya. I got mine from dan
      smith's fonts and charts. The charts will give a symbol for a
      letter (for example Tinco (1) for T is in the website charts and the
      downloadable fonts the same symbol is listed as Calma(3). But Calma
      on the charts is c/k.) Hope that made sense. So I'm a bit
      confused. Can someone help clarify this for me? Or at least
      recommend an easier to understand site?
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6 7:21 AM
        teithant dnelle74

        > smith's fonts and charts. The charts will give a
        > symbol for a
        > letter (for example Tinco (1) for T is in the
        > website charts and the
        > downloadable fonts the same symbol is listed as
        > Calma(3). But Calma
        > on the charts is c/k.) Hope that made sense. So I'm

        are you sure? Tinco looks a bit like "p", while Calma
        looks abit like "q"

      • dnelle74
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6 3:54 PM
          It's not just that letter, there are several differences. this was
          an example. Yes I am sure.

          --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
          > teithant dnelle74
          >
          > > smith's fonts and charts. The charts will give a
          > > symbol for a
          > > letter (for example Tinco (1) for T is in the
          > > website charts and the
          > > downloadable fonts the same symbol is listed as
          > > Calma(3). But Calma
          > > on the charts is c/k.) Hope that made sense. So I'm
          >
          > are you sure? Tinco looks a bit like "p", while Calma
          > looks abit like "q"

        • Wendy Perkins
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 6:38 PM
            I can't find the inconsistancy you're speaking of. The charts on the web
            site (http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/4948/tengwar/quenya.htm) are
            consistant with the downloadable font help files at
            http://www.acondia.com/tengwar_fonts/index.html. Tinco is tinco and calma is
            calma et al. Could you be more specific about where you are looking?

            Wendy

            dhpwlp@...
            Chaos reigns within.
            Reflect, repent, and reboot.