Re: [elfscript] Tweaking Fonts

  • Wendy Perkins
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
      What are you using to output the Tengwar letters? Are you typing them in or using something like Tengscribe? It would also be helpful to know what fonts you are trying to use (for example - Dan Smith's Tengwar Quenya-1)?

      Wendy
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      dhpwlp@...
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door... You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
      - Frodo to Pippin, quoting Bilbo
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2002
        I used Dan Smiths fonts for Tengwar Quenya 1. I am using both
        tengscribe and Word. I changed the appearance of my computer so the
        top of each bar on various programs reads Quenya. But all uppercase
        dont show up, making it look weird.

        --- In elfscript@y..., "Wendy Perkins" <dhpwlp@g...> wrote:
        > What are you using to output the Tengwar letters? Are you typing
        them in or using something like Tengscribe? It would also be
        helpful to know what fonts you are trying to use (for example - Dan
        Smith's Tengwar Quenya-1)?
        message have been removed]
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2002
          teithant dnelle74

          > I used Dan Smiths fonts for Tengwar Quenya 1. I am
          > using both
          > tengscribe and Word. I changed the appearance of my
          > computer so the
          > top of each bar on various programs reads Quenya.
          > But all uppercase
          > dont show up, making it look weird.

          nopeit wont read Quenya... for one more time, the
          letters you read WONT be translated in Quenyaif you
          just change font...

          the uppercase letters are translated by the fonts as
          Tehtar (accents) and thats why youcant see them