Tweaking Fonts

  • dnelle74
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4 10:43 AM
      Can I tweak the fonts to the Tengwar Qyenya (Elvish) language so the
      Uppercase letters appear as lower case? I have them on my computer
      but the capital letters dont show up leaving part of a word. Anyone
      know how to do this?
    • Wendy Perkins
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5 9:15 AM
        What are you using to output the Tengwar letters? Are you typing them in or using something like Tengscribe? It would also be helpful to know what fonts you are trying to use (for example - Dan Smith's Tengwar Quenya-1)?

        Wendy
        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        dhpwlp@...
        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door... You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
        - Frodo to Pippin, quoting Bilbo
        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5 5:26 PM
          I used Dan Smiths fonts for Tengwar Quenya 1. I am using both
          tengscribe and Word. I changed the appearance of my computer so the
          top of each bar on various programs reads Quenya. But all uppercase
          dont show up, making it look weird.

          --- In elfscript@y..., "Wendy Perkins" <dhpwlp@g...> wrote:
          > What are you using to output the Tengwar letters? Are you typing
          them in or using something like Tengscribe? It would also be
          helpful to know what fonts you are trying to use (for example - Dan
          Smith's Tengwar Quenya-1)?
          message have been removed]
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 7:18 AM
            teithant dnelle74

            > I used Dan Smiths fonts for Tengwar Quenya 1. I am
            > using both
            > tengscribe and Word. I changed the appearance of my
            > computer so the
            > top of each bar on various programs reads Quenya.
            > But all uppercase
            > dont show up, making it look weird.

            nopeit wont read Quenya... for one more time, the
            letters you read WONT be translated in Quenyaif you
            just change font...

            the uppercase letters are translated by the fonts as
            Tehtar (accents) and thats why youcant see them