Re: name in tengwar characters

  • aj6t9
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 31, 2002
      I looked at the q u e n y a l a p s e p a r m a but I wasn't
      convinced by the meanings so I had a go for myself, any corrections
      or "where I am going wrong- (most probably(ive probably got it all
      wrong), im a newbie not looking for a translation cause i want to do
      it myself if someone could point me in the right direction i will
      research it myslef.

      Andrew-James Taylor –

      - Andrew (AN-droo) has Greek origin meaning "strong man"/"manly" -

      - James (JAYMZ) Scottish for "leader" or hebrew for "supplanter"-
      ie "displace, overthrow, remove, replace, take the place of"

      - Taylor - a tailor - going by my Scottish clan the surname is
      decended from a cameron clansman "Tailear Dubh na Tuaighe"(gaelic)
      meaning "Black tailor of the axe".

      so for Andrew-James Taylor it would be "strong man-leader, Tailor of
      the black axe"???
      quenya - strong = "polda", man = "Atan" , strong man = Polda-Atan ,
      leader/chieftain = "haran"
      tailor = "Cirithron", black ="mori-" axe = "pelekko" – black-axe
      = "mori-pelekko" - of the black axe – "mori-pelekko-wa"???

      so for Andrew-James taylor in "quenya" would be: "Polda-Atan haran,
      Cirithron mori-pelekkowa" – this looks a bit long winded any help??

      I tried it for my girlfriend as well which looks and sounds a lot
      better:
      Lynne McPherson

      - Lynne (LIN) welsh for "lake" –

      - MacPherson Scottish for "Son of the Parson" parson - preacher,
      priest, etc

      and Lynne McPherson would be "lake, son of parson" or "lake,daughter
      of parson"
      quenya - lake = "ailin" or "linya",
      son of - parson/preacher/divine – "valya" since its femmine "valya-
      iel"???

      so Lynne Macpherson would be - "linya valyiel"????