Tengwaresque music notation?

  • eoghanmacp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2002
      Has anyone ever attempted to concoct any sort of "Tengwaresque"
      musical notation? Nothing I've seen suggests that Tolkien thought
      about this himself. I was flipping through 'Letters' last night and
      came across one (#?, c.1954) where he admits to certain lacunae in
      the description of Middle-earth, including "music and its apparatus".

      cheers,
      Ewan
    • laurifindil
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2002
        --- In elfscript@y..., "eoghanmacp" <emacpher@u...> wrote:
        > Has anyone ever attempted to concoct any sort of "Tengwaresque"
        > musical notation? Nothing I've seen suggests that Tolkien thought
        > about this himself. I was flipping through 'Letters' last night and
        > came across one (#?, c.1954) where he admits to certain lacunae in
        > the description of Middle-earth, including "music and its apparatus".

        Even if its not obsvious from the posts ; this ML tries to study what
        JRR Tolkien wrote, and not add or "concoct" more "sup".
      • Abrigon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2002
          I believe Tengwar in ways is musical notations. Or you could use Rumil
          forms, which maybe even more so, musical.

          Mike