Numerals

  • Abrigon Gusiq
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2002
      Was there work in tolkien that suggested the numerals that people use?

      Or is it something someone created?

      I know in some ancient lingos, they used letters for numerals. Classic
      is Greek..
      Often using a extra character or just how it was used to signify the
      numeral.

      a=1
      b=2
      g=3
      d=4

      and so one.. You could also use the first letter of the name of the
      numeral.

      First = F
      Second = S
      Third = T

      and so one, as long as nothing repeated. One, Two, Three? But it might
      be

      O,T,TH (thorn on old English), F and so one.

      Mike