Re: [elfscript] Re: new member needs transcription help.....whats new??

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
      teithant bigklop2000

      > Ok, here goes:
      >
      > What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two
      > hearts, two lives".

      atta cormar, atta oori, atta cuili

      > What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya
      > font?*

      copy the following in Word or other editor:

      \=- `C1D' aH6t#6 = `C1D' ~N7T = `C1D' alUj% -=\

      > What calligraphic style? *more than likely the
      > "formal book-hand" in
      > Appendix E*

      select the pasted text and choose the fonts "tengwar
      sindarin" or "tengwar parmaite" (After you have
      installed them)

    • bigklop2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
        --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
        > teithant bigklop2000
        >
        > > Ok, here goes:
        > >
        > > What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two
        > > hearts, two lives".
        >
        > atta cormar, atta oori, atta cuili
        >
        > > What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya
        > > font?*
        >
        > copy the following in Word or other editor:
        >
        > \=- `C1D' aH6t#6 = `C1D' ~N7T = `C1D' alUj% -=\
        >
        > > What calligraphic style? *more than likely the
        > > "formal book-hand" in
        > > Appendix E*
        >
        > select the pasted text and choose the fonts "tengwar
        > sindarin" or "tengwar parmaite" (After you have
        > installed them)
        Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so much!! But of
        course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the poem up. it
        should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two lives. I'm
        sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life version? I would
        really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip when she sees this!!
        don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to fly to wherever you
        are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess worse things
        have happened:^) thanks so much again

        Mike

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
          teithant bigklop2000

          > Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so
          > much!! But of
          > course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the
          > poem up. it
          > should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two
          > lives. I'm
          > sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life
          > version? I would

          mine cuile: tT5R alUjR

          > really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip
          > when she sees this!!
          > don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to
          > fly to wherever you
          > are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess
          > worse things
          > have happened:^) thanks so much again

          i would love that ;))))

          how about a pic of your ring when it will be ready?

        • bigklop2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
            --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
            > teithant bigklop2000
            >
            > > Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so
            > > much!! But of
            > > course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the
            > > poem up. it
            > > should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two
            > > lives. I'm
            > > sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life
            > > version? I would
            >
            > mine cuile: tT5R alUjR
            >
            > > really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip
            > > when she sees this!!
            > > don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to
            > > fly to wherever you
            > > are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess
            > > worse things
            > > have happened:^) thanks so much again
            >
            > i would love that ;))))
            >
            > how about a pic of your ring when it will be ready?

            I have to go see a couple of jewelers before the rings will be done,
            but you can definately count on pictures of the rings with your work
            on them:^) We get married on new years eve, so some time before then
            I will post images.

            thanks again!!

            Mike