Re: [elfscript] new member needs transcription help.....whats new??

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4 7:01 AM
      teithant bigklop2000

      > wedding rings, I would like to have the poem "two
      > rings, two hearts,
      > one life" transcribed in the Tengwar Quenya font. In
      > both Elvish
      > words and Elvish fonts. The problem is, I'm kinda
      > new to this, and am
      > having a heck of a time translating this, let alone
      > finding the
      > fonts. So would anyone be willing to translate it
      > for me, or
      > translate it AND write it in the correct font? Or at
      > least point me
      > in the right direction. I would be MOST
      > appreciative.

      Hi Mike.. I have answered this question to another
      friend who asked just a while ago.. look for it :)

    • bigklop2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4 8:51 AM
        --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
        > teithant bigklop2000
        >
        > > wedding rings, I would like to have the poem "two
        > > rings, two hearts,
        > > one life" transcribed in the Tengwar Quenya font. In
        > > both Elvish
        > > words and Elvish fonts. The problem is, I'm kinda
        > > new to this, and am
        > > having a heck of a time translating this, let alone
        > > finding the
        > > fonts. So would anyone be willing to translate it
        > > for me, or
        > > translate it AND write it in the correct font? Or at
        > > least point me
        > > in the right direction. I would be MOST
        > > appreciative.
        >
        > Hi Mike.. I have answered this question to another
        > friend who asked just a while ago.. look for it :)

        Ok, here goes:

        What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two hearts, two lives".

        What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya font?*

        What calligraphic style? *more than likely the "formal book-hand" in
        Appendix E*

        I hope these answers help!

        Mike

        What mode? *quenya classical mode, or tehta*

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4 12:00 PM
          teithant bigklop2000

          > Ok, here goes:
          >
          > What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two
          > hearts, two lives".

          atta cormar, atta oori, atta cuili

          > What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya
          > font?*

          copy the following in Word or other editor:

          \=- `C1D' aH6t#6 = `C1D' ~N7T = `C1D' alUj% -=\

          > What calligraphic style? *more than likely the
          > "formal book-hand" in
          > Appendix E*

          select the pasted text and choose the fonts "tengwar
          sindarin" or "tengwar parmaite" (After you have
          installed them)

        • bigklop2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4 12:47 PM
            --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
            > teithant bigklop2000
            >
            > > Ok, here goes:
            > >
            > > What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two
            > > hearts, two lives".
            >
            > atta cormar, atta oori, atta cuili
            >
            > > What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya
            > > font?*
            >
            > copy the following in Word or other editor:
            >
            > \=- `C1D' aH6t#6 = `C1D' ~N7T = `C1D' alUj% -=\
            >
            > > What calligraphic style? *more than likely the
            > > "formal book-hand" in
            > > Appendix E*
            >
            > select the pasted text and choose the fonts "tengwar
            > sindarin" or "tengwar parmaite" (After you have
            > installed them)
            Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so much!! But of
            course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the poem up. it
            should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two lives. I'm
            sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life version? I would
            really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip when she sees this!!
            don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to fly to wherever you
            are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess worse things
            have happened:^) thanks so much again

            Mike

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4 1:53 PM
              teithant bigklop2000

              > Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so
              > much!! But of
              > course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the
              > poem up. it
              > should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two
              > lives. I'm
              > sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life
              > version? I would

              mine cuile: tT5R alUjR

              > really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip
              > when she sees this!!
              > don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to
              > fly to wherever you
              > are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess
              > worse things
              > have happened:^) thanks so much again

              i would love that ;))))

              how about a pic of your ring when it will be ready?

            • bigklop2000
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4 2:08 PM
                --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
                > teithant bigklop2000
                >
                > > Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so
                > > much!! But of
                > > course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the
                > > poem up. it
                > > should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two
                > > lives. I'm
                > > sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life
                > > version? I would
                >
                > mine cuile: tT5R alUjR
                >
                > > really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip
                > > when she sees this!!
                > > don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to
                > > fly to wherever you
                > > are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess
                > > worse things
                > > have happened:^) thanks so much again
                >
                > i would love that ;))))
                >
                > how about a pic of your ring when it will be ready?

                I have to go see a couple of jewelers before the rings will be done,
                but you can definately count on pictures of the rings with your work
                on them:^) We get married on new years eve, so some time before then
                I will post images.

                thanks again!!

                Mike