new member needs transcription help.....whats new??

  • bigklop2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
      Hello, My name is Mike and I will be getting married this new years.
      My fiance and I are big fans of the writings of Tolkien. On our
      wedding rings, I would like to have the poem "two rings, two hearts,
      one life" transcribed in the Tengwar Quenya font. In both Elvish
      words and Elvish fonts. The problem is, I'm kinda new to this, and am
      having a heck of a time translating this, let alone finding the
      fonts. So would anyone be willing to translate it for me, or
      translate it AND write it in the correct font? Or at least point me
      in the right direction. I would be MOST appreciative. I can be
      reached at bigklop@.... thank you for reading this, and
      thank you for anyone who can help me.

      Mike
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
        teithant bigklop2000

        > wedding rings, I would like to have the poem "two
        > rings, two hearts,
        > one life" transcribed in the Tengwar Quenya font. In
        > both Elvish
        > words and Elvish fonts. The problem is, I'm kinda
        > new to this, and am
        > having a heck of a time translating this, let alone
        > finding the
        > fonts. So would anyone be willing to translate it
        > for me, or
        > translate it AND write it in the correct font? Or at
        > least point me
        > in the right direction. I would be MOST
        > appreciative.

        Hi Mike.. I have answered this question to another
        friend who asked just a while ago.. look for it :)

      • bigklop2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
          --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
          > teithant bigklop2000
          >
          > > wedding rings, I would like to have the poem "two
          > > rings, two hearts,
          > > one life" transcribed in the Tengwar Quenya font. In
          > > both Elvish
          > > words and Elvish fonts. The problem is, I'm kinda
          > > new to this, and am
          > > having a heck of a time translating this, let alone
          > > finding the
          > > fonts. So would anyone be willing to translate it
          > > for me, or
          > > translate it AND write it in the correct font? Or at
          > > least point me
          > > in the right direction. I would be MOST
          > > appreciative.
          >
          > Hi Mike.. I have answered this question to another
          > friend who asked just a while ago.. look for it :)

          Ok, here goes:

          What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two hearts, two lives".

          What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya font?*

          What calligraphic style? *more than likely the "formal book-hand" in
          Appendix E*

          I hope these answers help!

          Mike

          What mode? *quenya classical mode, or tehta*

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
            teithant bigklop2000

            > Ok, here goes:
            >
            > What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two
            > hearts, two lives".

            atta cormar, atta oori, atta cuili

            > What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya
            > font?*

            copy the following in Word or other editor:

            \=- `C1D' aH6t#6 = `C1D' ~N7T = `C1D' alUj% -=\

            > What calligraphic style? *more than likely the
            > "formal book-hand" in
            > Appendix E*

            select the pasted text and choose the fonts "tengwar
            sindarin" or "tengwar parmaite" (After you have
            installed them)

          • bigklop2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
              --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
              > teithant bigklop2000
              >
              > > Ok, here goes:
              > >
              > > What language? *Quenya* the poem "two rings, two
              > > hearts, two lives".
              >
              > atta cormar, atta oori, atta cuili
              >
              > > What writing system? *I'm assuming Tengwar Quenya
              > > font?*
              >
              > copy the following in Word or other editor:
              >
              > \=- `C1D' aH6t#6 = `C1D' ~N7T = `C1D' alUj% -=\
              >
              > > What calligraphic style? *more than likely the
              > > "formal book-hand" in
              > > Appendix E*
              >
              > select the pasted text and choose the fonts "tengwar
              > sindarin" or "tengwar parmaite" (After you have
              > installed them)
              Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so much!! But of
              course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the poem up. it
              should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two lives. I'm
              sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life version? I would
              really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip when she sees this!!
              don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to fly to wherever you
              are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess worse things
              have happened:^) thanks so much again

              Mike

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
                teithant bigklop2000

                > Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so
                > much!! But of
                > course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the
                > poem up. it
                > should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two
                > lives. I'm
                > sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life
                > version? I would

                mine cuile: tT5R alUjR

                > really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip
                > when she sees this!!
                > don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to
                > fly to wherever you
                > are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess
                > worse things
                > have happened:^) thanks so much again

                i would love that ;))))

                how about a pic of your ring when it will be ready?

              • bigklop2000
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2002
                  --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
                  > teithant bigklop2000
                  >
                  > > Gildor; WOW!!!! this looks great!!! thank you so
                  > > much!! But of
                  > > course, since I am a complete bonehead, I messed the
                  > > poem up. it
                  > > should be "two rings, two hearts, ONE LIFE". not two
                  > > lives. I'm
                  > > sooooo sorry, but could you redo it as the one life
                  > > version? I would
                  >
                  > mine cuile: tT5R alUjR
                  >
                  > > really appreciate it. My fiance is going to flip
                  > > when she sees this!!
                  > > don't be suprised if you have a blonde wanting to
                  > > fly to wherever you
                  > > are to give you a big hug and kiss. But hey, I guess
                  > > worse things
                  > > have happened:^) thanks so much again
                  >
                  > i would love that ;))))
                  >
                  > how about a pic of your ring when it will be ready?

                  I have to go see a couple of jewelers before the rings will be done,
                  but you can definately count on pictures of the rings with your work
                  on them:^) We get married on new years eve, so some time before then
                  I will post images.

                  thanks again!!

                  Mike