inscription

  • silverfingered_fling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      to everyone who helped me with my translation, even to just giving me
      a few pointers, thank you. to anyone who's even just read my original
      postings and knows about my project, here's an update: i've found that
      the real trouble lies not in getting the translation or figuring out
      what letters to use etc., it is in finding someone to actually do the
      work. out of many, many engravers i asked only one was willing to
      engrave the outside of my ring, and they can only do it in regular
      English letters. not quite what i had in mind. that was the downer of
      the day, i must say. so i have decided to attempt the engraving
      myself. i carve wood--in fact i made a celtic knotwork ring out of
      wood for a friend using only a razor blade--and usually work on small
      objects so i think i can do it. maybe. i have to buy a hand engraving
      tool, so that is my next step i guess. everybody just pray i don't
      mess up or engrave myself! otherwise i will have to learn how to melt
      down white gold and start over from scratch. ;')
      ******i guess the point of this email is, if anyone knows of an
      engraver who can do this kind of work PLEASE TELL ME. i am more than
      happy to send the ring away for a few days to have a professional do
      this. or, if you know how to engrave or know someone who knows how to
      engrave or have any tips at all, let me know. thanks again*********
      cuio mae
      nicole