evolution of daeron's runes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2002
      right now i am revising my Eldatencelion (having added
      a reference to Arden Smith :)) and the amount I have
      to correct is incredible :)

      my main mistake (not to mention grammar, syntax, and
      my well-known word ommisions etc) was that I didn't
      consider that there was the Valian Age before the
      First.. so I presented the following evolution of the
      Certhas:

      certhas (a system invented by the Sindar people)
      certhas Daeron (revision of that system, inspired by
      the tengwar)
      angerthas Daeron (made by the Noldor in Eregion, much
      later, keeping traditionally the name of Daeron)

      but now i am re-reading the appendix, it makes clear
      (or unclear) that Daeron invented the cirth (VY 1300
      according to the GA) and he himself reorganised it
      later (1350) to form the angerthas daeron.

      the Noldor expanded it (_intro_ calls it "angerthas
      eregion") much later, and tolkien says "adding a
      stroke to a branch added 'voice'; reversing the certh
      indicated opening to a 'spirant'; placing the branch
      on both sides of the stem added voice and nasality
      (...) were evidently inspired by the Fλanorian system"

      however these elements occur also in the oldest cirth
      by Daeron!! but how? since the noldor didn't come
      yet.. and ifwe assume that the evolution was parallel,
      why Tolkien says "were evidently inspired by the
      Fλanorian system"??