725Sindarin Collective Number

  • bassman0614
    Mar 25, 2002
      My question may be a tad nit-pickish, but I haven't been able to get
      a good answer from other sources. In the collective "number" of
      Sindarin nouns, is the corresponding verb singular or plural? I see
      it either way... plural would make sense, as there are more than one
      thing, but as seen in "Dagor Nuin Giliath," it takes a singular
      article (Nuin - Nu I); Additionally, in other languages, such as the
      neuter plural of Ancient Greek (a collective) takes a singular verb.
      Does anyone have a definitive answer?

      Hantalë Len!

      ~ Yonwë
      Bill White