5568Re: [elfscript] Re: is there an owner or moderator of this group?

  • Marlyn Bumpus
    Apr 15, 2007
      Hi there! Lakis said:

      >I don't see how blocking addresses can solve the problem. These address
      > we are blocking are not actual addresses but randomly generated fake
      > ones. We can block addresses to infinity and new ones will show up

      The only way I know of to block this garbage is to have all new members'
      first messages to the group require approval before being posted to the
      list. (No, don't ask me how to do this, I only know that this is how
      several other lists I'm on prevents this very same problem.) Anything less
      than this means spam abounds.

      Namastè!

      Marlyn

      No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large