5567Re: [elfscript] Re: is there an owner or moderator of this group?

  • Lakis Lalakis
    Apr 15, 2007
      I don't see how blocking addresses can solve the problem. These address
      we are blocking are not actual addresses but randomly generated fake
      ones. We can block addresses to infinity and new ones will show up

      O/H calwen76 ??????:

      > In fact, the group is partly moderated - see the message #5554. It is
      > not quite simple to avoid spams or spamers until the moderator/owner
      > chooses to moderate the group (by changing the Moderation in:
      > Management / Group setting - Messages / Edit Posting and Archives /
      > Moderation.
      >
      > On the other hand, at least it might help the group the moderator
      > deletes all spams as soon as he/she finds them out.
      >
      > Lucy
      >
      > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com <mailto:elfscript%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Marlyn Bumpus" <mbumpus_99@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi there! Pearl said:
      > >
      > > > The person who set this group up and/or the moderator should
      > > > be able to go into the settings & ban offensive persons and
      > > > delete the spams. Is there a person in charge of this group who
      > > > can take care of the settings? If said person does not know how,
      > > > I could possible walk them through the process.
      > > > Just offering some help to get rid of offensive material,
      > >
      > > To my knowledge, this group runs on autopilot - which is truly
      > unfortunate.
      > >
      > > Namastè!
      > >
      > > Marlyn
      > >
      > > No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a
      > large
      > > number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic