5327Re: Attempted tranlation of Kingswood

  • Måns Björkman
    Jul 10, 2006

      Sorry for chiming in late in the discussion. Since I "know somewhat of
      the Valinorean", as the healers of Minas Tirith would say, I might
      comment on the Quenya translation. Essentially it is correct, but
      _tauri_ means "woods", in plural. The singular form "wood" is _taure_.

      As regards the transcription to Tengwar I can add little to what has
      already been said, except that in the classical mode _nt_ would
      perhaps in this case *not* be written with <anto> - since the _n_ and
      _t_ originally belong to different words: _aran-taure_.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic