5013Re: Another Tengwar Crack

  • j_mach_wust
    Nov 1, 2005
      Lucy wrote:

      As always, a very good transcription.

      The only "mistake" I've found is the (first) u of _surround_ which
      you've transcribed as if it were a silent e.

      I'd also rather transcribe the plural ending -s of _cries_ with an
      s-hook, not with silme (esse is preferable to silme anyway), since all
      occurences of plural -s are transcribed with the hook, if I remember

      Minor lapses are the use of rómen instead of óre in _lord_ and the
      ommission of the a in _deliverance_.

      Possible variants would be a use of short carriers in the
      transcriptions of _my_ (or long carriers in the transcriptions of _o_,
      _me_, _into_), a use of esse nuquerna instead of esse in _gaze_, anto
      instead of súle in _with_ (a variant which Tolkien seemingly
      preferred), a transcription of the e in _cries_ with yanta instead of
      a seperate e-tehta, a transcription of the second e in _deliverance_
      with an e-tehta instead of a dot below.

      I hope I didn't make too many mistakes in pointing out mistakes. ;)