4899Re: Some translation help :)

  • laurifindil
    Sep 1, 2005
      May I remind that Mr HKF is *not* a reincarnation of Pr Tolkien.

      Mr HKF was not abale to *learn* Quenya so as to be able to _translate_ from
      English to that language.
      To translate from one language to another you have to learn BOTH of them
      and be FLUENT (more or less).

      _Vanesse caita i tirno hendesse_ is *NOT* Quenya but a Home-made code.

      Enjoy "HKF-code" if you like it ! But DON'T call it Quenya fro it is not Quenya.

      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "pinkmokhi" <pinkmokhi@y...> wrote:
      > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Helge K. Fauskanger"
      > <helge.fauskanger@n...> wrote:
      > > > Sorry, the quote should be 'Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder'
      > >
      > > _Vanesse caita i tirno hendesse_, then, if we go for a literal
      > translation
      > > using only attested vocabulary (_tirno_ "watcher" should do for
      > > "beholder").
      > >
      > > Instead of _caita_ "lies" one might consider _mare_ "dwells, resides".
      > >
      > > - HKF
      >
      > Any you have come to my rescue again ;) Thanks so much :)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic