4803ÈÝìá: Re: [elfscript] Re: The Elvish word for brother

    Jul 4, 2005
      > Btw Peter I am surprised that you use 'the latter the
      > better' logic. Most people of.. uhm.. your alignment,
      > tend to be against this policy, since there is no
      > 'mature Quenya' and 'immature Qenya' like Helge used
      > to say, and the language is ONE entity.

      Ehm, he's Patrick, not Peter...

      But, well, according to *my personal meaning about and understanding*
      the VT47, page 34, note 51, Pengolodh's thoughts, I think that the
      new names given there for sister and brother are 1) more associated
      with the play and 2) connected to a blood-relationship of relatives.
      Thus the words _toron, otorno_ (LR:394, entry TOR-) for 'sworn
      brother, associate' can be considered as well, being another
      expressions for 'brother' bearing a slightly different meaning. This
      is seen in every single living language, isn't it.. But it isn't but
      my impression of all the stuff around.