4797Re: ÈÝìá: [elfscript] Re: The Elvish word for brother

  • Hansel Varn
    Jul 2, 2005
      Well I found these...
      brother Q toron, onóro S gwanur, gwador, muindor, tór
      brother (sworn) Q otorno
      brotherhood Q otornasse

      but I don't know which is what. I assume Q is Quenya
      and S Sindarin

      Does it matter? I am bad at languages(failed German
      oh so many times in high school) I am guessing that
      Quenya is what is most common and used by the elves of
      the LOTR trilogy. I may be wrong of course. Thanks
      for responding. If you know of any web resources that
      can clarify anything let me know. Thanks again.

      --- Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@...> wrote:

      > since you ask for a translation 'in elvish', that
      > means you haven't looked well enough :P
      >
      > anyway, question no 1: which language? Quenya or
      > Sindarin?
      >
      > question 2: what have you found so far and got you
      > confused? didn't you find any words at all?
      >
      > > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Varn aka
      > > BaQuar"
      > > <datastorm_usmc@y...> wrote:
      > > > I am looking for information on how to write the
      > > word brother in
      > > > elvish. I have been reading some of the
      > websites
      > > and my head is
      > > about
      > > > to explode from so much information. My brother
      > > and I want to get
      > > it
      > > > tattoed on our arms but want to make sure it is
      > > correct. Any help
      > > > would be appreciated email to my addy at yahoo
      > or
      > > hvarn@s...
      > > > thanks
      > >
      > > Actually BROTHERS FOREVER is what I'm looking
      > for...
      > >
      > > again any input assistance advice is great

      > ×ñçóéìïðïéåßôå Yahoo!;
      > ÂáñåèÞêáôå ôá åíï÷ëçôéêÜ ìçíýìáôá (spam); Ôï Yahoo!
      > Mail
      > äéáèÝôåé ôçí êáëýôåñç äõíáôÞ ðñïóôáóßá êáôÜ ôùí
      > åíï÷ëçôéêþí
      > ìçíõìÜôùí
      > http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr

      > elfscript@...