4768Name Translation Help

  • rajivsethumadhavan
    Jun 4, 2005
      Hi..im planning on getting my name (rajiv) tattooed in an elvish
      script, the one i like is Tengwar Cursive. I have also installed the
      font for this script. However, i have been told that, simply typing
      the alphabets of my name in say MS Word, after selecting the font as
      Tengwar Cursive is not the correct way of going about this.

      The questions i have are:
      1) Should i first translate my name (rajiv)into Quenya or Sindarin
      and then key in the alphabets of the translated word into MS Word
      with the font as Tengwar Cursive and then use the outoput text?

      OR

      2)Is it correct if i key in the alphabets of my names as in english
      (rajiv) into MS Word with the font as Tengwas Cursive and then use
      the output text?

      Any help is highly appreciated..when i get inked i wanna make sure
      idont have to go under the knife after..:-)..thanks!!

      Cheers
      - Rajiv
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic