4672Re: hi

    Mar 17, 2005
      > > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
      > > of the King,
      > > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
      > > secondary sources,
      > > in many cases not worth reading.
      > http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html
      > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at
      > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
      > (highly recommended)

      Opening the Google.com search engine - entering _Tolkien's Writing
      Systems_ - getting a result of 19,800 (nineteen thousand eight
      hundred) results - if I take into account the run of the engine and
      consider only 10% of these links, it's still 1,980 (one thousand nine
      hundred and eighty) links. Do I need to continue my idea or you got
      it? I simply won't propose to a BEGINNER to start on the net when
      there is a PRIMERY source. If the beginner doesn't understand some
      features after the study of the Appendix E (or/and other PRIMERY
      sources), there are other steps: to ask here for help directly or to
      ask/search for the links.
      I like the sources you've mentioned above but they have been and will
      be secondary sources.
      Hope you got my point. :)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic