4640R: [elfscript] Re: On long vowels (and remark on DTS 55)
- Feb 14, 2005Lot of thanks for clarification: now Im writing ALL long vowels on long
I think it should be the most clear in direct method.
Da: j_mach_wust [mailto:j_mach_wust@...]
Inviato: mercoledì 9 febbraio 2005 1.29
Oggetto: [elfscript] Re: On long vowels (and remark on DTS 55)
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "Fradeve Virgilio" <fradeve11@v...>
> the method I'll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_...
> with double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
This is attested in DTS 55. Even the i-tehta is doubled, even though
app. E mentions only the doubling of the curls and the acute.
Anyway, that specimen is not written very consistently: The a-tehta is
sometimes written and sometimes not, and the sign for following y is
sometimes written with two dots above (three times) and sometimes with
three dots above (two times).
j. 'mach' wust
To Post a message, send it to: elfscript@...
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: elfscript-unsubscribe@...
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Yahoo! Groups Links
* To visit your group on the web, go to:
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic