4622Re: On long vowels (and remark on DTS 55)

  • j_mach_wust
    Feb 8, 2005
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Fradeve Virgilio" <fradeve11@v...>
      > the method I'll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_
      > with double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
      > contradictory.

      This is attested in DTS 55. Even the i-tehta is doubled, even though
      app. E mentions only the doubling of the curls and the acute.

      Anyway, that specimen is not written very consistently: The a-tehta is
      sometimes written and sometimes not, and the sign for following y is
      sometimes written with two dots above (three times) and sometimes with
      three dots above (two times).