4086Re: [elfscript] Re: Difference in tengwa for english and quenya modes

  • Aida Djikic
    Sep 8, 2004
      calwen76 <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

      Dobro do�la, Aida!

      Mm, as I said, it's quite impossible to write a language X in a mode
      for language Y :-))

      Well, I've tried to think out a 'mode' for Czech (and paralelly to
      Serbian that I can speak a bit). I've found out that a full mode
      would fit the best since an omatehtar mode would collide with a
      problem of +/- equal percentage of vowel and consonant representation
      in Slavic languages. But, the important thing is that I am no way an
      authority here or there to say this is the right way to write Slavic
      languages in Tengwar :-)). If you're interested, I can piece my ideas
      together and send my suggestions - and as soon as you get more
      familiar with the Tengwar, you can try to think out another solution,
      hm? :-)

      �ao i u�ivaj!

      Hvala, Lucy!

      I would be very interested to see what have you come up with, even if you're not an authority in this matter. I doubt there are mabny who would say they are. I'm still at the stage of memorizing the Tengwar names and terminology. If I'm correcet, omatehtar would mean representing vowels as full letters, is that right? In any case, thank you for the offer, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

      Cao i hocu!

      Do you Yahoo!?