398Questions...

  • Guellaouen@gmx.de
    Jan 1 3:20 PM
      Hello, I have got some questions, I hope you all can help me:

      1) I tried to make up a translation from the Sindarin "(d)raug" into
      Quenya, as I didn't find any Quenya mention of the word "wolf". My best
      guess was "(d)rauco" (in analogy to several other words and the way their
      phonems changed, but 'rauco' is already reserved for "demon" (and 'rocco'
      is "horse", afaik), both of wich seem unsatisfying. Is there a canon
      translation of "wolf" in Quenya?
      I found a stem "darák" in the Etymologic list on the Ardalambion, but am
      not sure if it will then be eactly this word in Quenya use...

      2) How would you translate "Eru's eye may watch over you"?
      My guess was 'Nai hen Ero tirailro ye'
      => 'It-may-be-that (the) Eye of-Eru he-shall-watch-over you' (?),
      but I'm not sure about that...

      3) How's the reflexive form built in Quenya?
      e.g. "I cut myself", "You heal yourself", "He occupies himself" ?

      Thank you very much,
      Namárie,
      Thindraug (Sindarák (?))
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic