3915Re: Transcription Check

    Jul 1, 2004
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "berscub" <berscub@y...> wrote:
      > Well, as I said, it was a screen name I was transcribing and that is
      > the way his screen name
      > reads. Would you have preferred me to transcribe it as _berforyou_,
      > replacing the numeral
      > 4 and the letter _u_ with the full words? I have done that, and
      > a picture of it in the
      > photo section called berforyou. I found the _for_ and _you_ in the
      > Index of Significant
      > Samples. As far as the other _ber4u_ is concerned, is it correct
      > what it is?

      I know what is the screen name's function - but that is exactly the
      point: there is no place BMO for screen names in Tolkien's world. I
      can't quite understand the first part _ber_ but it actually doesn't
      matter. As Mach has already suggested, there is an O-tehta missing
      over the óre (the R in _for_).

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic