3661"I love you" (was Re: Help needed - Elfscript.)

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Apr 2, 2004
      On Apr 2, 2004, at 9:40 AM, d_daniel_andries@... wrote:

      > There is an attested 'I love you' inQuenya: _melinyel_.

      No, this is _not_ attested. The only attested forms are:

      _Atarinya tye-meláne_ 'My father, I love thee' (_Lost Road_ p. 61)

      and

      _A yonya inye tye-méla_ 'And I too, my son, I love thee' (ibid.)

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.