362Re: The runes of The Hobbit.

  • Abrigon
    Dec 15, 2001
      But since the Hobbbits used a form of common, but their lingo was
      represented by a Germanic tongue (or like). Then using Germanic runes
      (Futhurk/Futhark) to represent their Germanic lingo (not the real
      lingo mind you, but ).

      Mike

      One I find fun, is to take the Hobbit runes, find the one closest to
      it in Cirth and see what you get, you will be mystified.

      --- In elfscript@y..., Michael Everson <everson@e...> wrote:
      > The runes in the Hobbit are Anglo-Saxon runes. They are not Cirth.
      >
      > Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
      > 15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire/Ireland
      > Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169
      > 27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn; Baile an Bhóthair; Co. Átha Cliath; Éire
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic