306Re: [elfscript] tengw?

  • jonathan wust
    Nov 2, 2001
      Gildor Inglorion wrote:

      >there is an adjectival ending -vea used for -like,
      >attested in plural in the word elvie (sg elvea,
      >starlike).. so tengwa-like might be tengwea (tengwie
      >would be plural) or tengvea...
      >it would help if you tell the meaning you intend

      Well, of course, the meaning i intend: Im searching a name for a writing system based on tengwar, but which isnt tengwar, and i thought about giving it a High Elven name.

      My problem is that i havnt found any examples of -ngw- + ending (in "an introduction to Elvish" - which doesnt have too many words).

      Are there any evidences for /ngv/ or for /ngwi/ in Quenya? I dont think so.

      What about tengwavea or tenvea?

      Free eMail .... the way it should be....
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic