3032Re: [elfscript] Re: help needed.. please? :)

    Dec 6, 2003
      Carl F. Hostetter wote:

      > My only "DIRECT" advice is to not use _deri_, since it clearly does not
      have the desired meaning (in fact, has pretty much the opposite of the
      desired meaning in this case). Offhand, I can't think of a verb that does
      have the desired meaning -- again, "to continue to be" (something) -- so
      unless someone can suggest such a verb, I would otherwise advise you either
      to paraphrase,

      Some kind of paraphrase is the obvious solution here. If we assume that
      _le_ can function as subject "you", then "you remain" (etc.) can be
      rendered as _le him_, literally "you [are] continually" or "you're still
      [my pleasure, my pain or whatever]". See the entry KHIM in the Etymologies
      for the adverb _him_.

      - HKF
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic