3000Re: help needed.. please? :)

  • Calwen Rudh
    Dec 2, 2003
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Carl F. Hostetter <Aelfwine@e...>
      > After all, if none of these things concern "Idril", if all she
      > wants it to have something pretty-looking permanently etched into
      > skin, then why not just transliterate the English phrase into

      Well this was in my mind too. To be honest I don't much understand
      people who want to get an English (or other language) sentence in
      Sindarin tattood in Tengwar without knowing a piece of Sindarin
      itself. I wouldn't e.g. get a tattoo of wind in Svahili transcribed
      in Japanese signs although Svahili seems very exotic to me and I like
      the look of Japanese signs. But it doesn't mean I don'T want to help.
      It is their choice.

      Ok, Idril, so why don'T you get your sentence in English in Tengwar
      when we can't give you a good translation into Sindarin? :o)

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic