2994Re: [elfscript] Re: help needed.. please? :)

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Dec 1 7:42 AM
      On Dec 1, 2003, at 8:58 AM, Calwen Rudh wrote:

      > It is true that my English is far from perfect and I will probably
      > never be good enough to speak or know English as a native speaker. I
      > suggested this verb because I thought it could have been used.

      You seem to be taking this awfully hard! Note that this problem with
      dictionary translation has nothing at all to do with anyone's English
      abilities (well, at least not generally). Even native English speakers
      can and do make this sort of mistake frequently -- it is a problem that
      greatly plagues so-called "Neo-Sindarin" and "Neo-Quenya". It has
      instead to do with relying on isolated glosses taken from dictionaries,
      instead of considering the full context of a word, in both its usage
      and in comparison and contrast with other words of similar or related
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic