2989Re: [elfscript] Re: help needed.. please? :)

  • Idril Celebrindal
    Nov 30, 2003
      well, actually i tried translating this already using dragon flame. although there is no direct translation to "pleasure", i substituted it with "desire" instead. i'm still having a bit of trouble with the grammar, since some sources tend to be inconsistent.. help..

      idril

      laurifindil <ejk@...> wrote:
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Idril Celebrindal
      <idrililluminati@y...> wrote:
      > umm.. hi ^^
      >
      > i was just wondering if anyone could help me in translating this:
      >
      > "you remain my power, my pleasure, my pain" (yes, yes, it's from "kiss from a rose" by seal..)

      it is not possible to learn Tolkien's Elvish languages just as any
      natural language, such as French or Russian.

      You can study Tolkien's Elvish languages.

      Begin with appendixes E and F of the "Lord of Rings". Then, continue by
      reading the linguistic appendix of " Silmarillion ". Then, you will be
      able to read the very instructive " Quendi and Eldar - Essekenta
      Eldarinwa ", published in " The War of the Jewels ". Then, "Lammas" in
      "The Lost Road ", then go for "Etymologies" in the same book. Then you
      will be able of distinguish, without too much help, Sindarin from
      Quenya.
      For Sindarin Grammar, start with "Our Father" in Vinyar tengwar.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor