290Tengwar Tattoo

  • Geir Ivar Rognan
    Sep 30, 2001
      Hi. My name is Geir Ivar (first name) Rognan (last name), and I'm thinking of getting my name tattooed in Tengwar, Black Speech, same font as The One Ring.

      The reason I post here, is to get someone with expert knowledge to help me with this, so the tattoo is written 100% correctly.

      My name is in Norwegian, here is a guide in how to pronounce it correctly:

      Geir: "G" as in "got". "e" as in "hat". "i" as in "sit". "r" as in "red", but remember to roll it.
      (The "e" and the "i" is pronounced as a diphtong, but I couldn't find an English word with that diphthong).

      Ivar: "I" as in "sit". "v" as in "voice". "a" as in "arm". "r" as in "red", but remember to roll it.

      Rognan: "R" as in "red", but remember to roll it. "o" as in "saw". "g" as in "sing". "n" as in "no". "a" as in "arm". "n" as in "no".

      I don't know if the pronounciation will affect what the Tengwar shoud look like.

      Please reply to this mail directly to geirivar@..., as I don't subscribe to this maling-list. If someone could make out the design and send me a picture of it, I would be very grateful. (A circular design would be great).

      Thanks in advance,
      Geir Ivar Rognan
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic