2817Re: [elfscript] Re: Sindarin past-tense from TIR-

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Oct 25, 2003
      On Oct 25, 2003, at 8:42 AM, Helge K. Fauskanger wrote:

      > Carl F. Hostetter wrote:
      >
      >> I accept Helge's correction regarding my use of "_tiri-_" as a
      >> stem-form,
      > and thank him for it (as I have previously noted, I was clearly
      > writing too
      > late and too hastily that night).
      > [...]
      >> I reject, however, Helge's small-minded and opportunistic response to
      >> an
      > error I made in my first post...Such petty behavior _ought_ to be
      > beneath
      > him.
      >
      > So what is it, really? Does Hostetter thank me or call me names when I
      > point out his mistakes? It seems to be the same error he refers to in
      > both
      > of the quotations above.

      Once again, Helge would rather jump to an absurd, even contradictory,
      conclusion, than to simply spend a few extra moments actually reading
      what I wrote. The two were very clearly _not_ the same error.

      To answer Helge's question, I'm happy to accept corrections to (actual)
      errors. But when I have _already_ corrected my own error, in a post
      that Helge has clearly seen (if not read), because he is _replying_ to
      it and _quoting_ from it, then that is nothing more than pettiness.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic