264Re: [elfscript] odd tehta

  • Mans Bjorkman
    Aug 13 4:47 AM
      DDanielA@... wrote:

      > Yes, quite. This particular edition is a hardback edition where the
      > title page inscription is reproduced larger and less 'compressed' than
      > in the Ballantine paperback version. The inscription is very clear.

      Intriguing! Which edition is it, more precisely? Would it be possible to
      acquire a scan of this reproduction? (I think that would be a clear case
      of fair use.)

      > Actually to be honest, the y-tehta looks more like a 'check mark' than a
      > V; the left 'leg' is shorter than the right, but it seems that that's
      > because the o-tehta doesn't allow the left leg to extend up as far as it
      > should.

      In the copies I have access to, the y-tehta in "by" also has a shorter
      left "leg". Perhaps this is after all a characteristic trait of the
      tehta?

      Yours,
      Måns

      --