2583Re: Tengwar Challenge 7

  • Mach Hezan
    Sep 6, 2003
      I've found only one thing I'd suggest to change: I think the second 'e' in
      'never' should be represented with a subscript point (like any 'e' in the
      '-er' ending).

      I especially like _silme-vala_ in 'sweat'. I would have chosen a subscript
      modified left curl, assuming that silme, in analogy to hyarmen, could bear
      its tehtas below instead of above. But your solution is less speculative.

      Doesn't 'worthy' have a voiceless 'th' (at least that's what my RP
      dictionary tells me)?

      And another thing I'd have done different is the representation of 'ee'. But
      that's you choice. I don't like short carriers and I believe in the
      principle of one-sign analysis, you don't like doubled tehtar and you prefer
      esthetics to possible principles.

      suilaid
      mach
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic