255Re: [elfscript] Another Tengwar Resource

  • vicentin@arena.sci.univr.it
    Jul 26 8:15 AM
      Scrive Dan Smith <fontmaster.geo@...>:

      > I was poking around www.theonering.net and found the following 13 page
      >
      > essay on the alphabets of Middle-earth. It is a 402KB PDF, and I think
      > it
      > is worth a look:
      >
      > http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/writing.pdf

      Well,

      That article is a bit outdated. TengTeX 1.10 has already been
      release on the 22th of September 2000 (and yes, it includes a new tengwar
      fonts reminescent of Knuth's Computer Modern typefaces).

      If any of you like TengTeX you can find an unofficial patched
      version at arena.sci.univr.it/~vicentin/ (there's no home page yet,
      sorry); it's integrated with LaTeX's NFSS but it's still usable with Plain
      TeX.

      In the future (I don't know when) I'll put on line a webpage and
      probably the LaTeX package I'm working on to use the various cirth mode.

      --

      Saluti,
      Emanuele.

      "He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also
      liked runes and letters and cunning handwriting..."
      -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic