23Tengwar

  • Michael Everson
    Apr 13 8:29 AM
      OK, folks, the draft is available at
      http://www.egt.ie/standards/iso10646/pdf/tengwar.pdf

      It is a draft. This will be obvious when you look at it. Comment is invited.

      Guidelines on how to proceed with discussion:

      1. Do not post "competing" proposals. I am managing the proposal, and, as a
      member of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2 and am deeply involved in the encoding of
      many scripts in the Unicode/10646 it is well to leave management of the
      proposal in my hands. I assure you I will take all comments and criticisms
      and suggestions into account, but a few years ago Måns Björkman (I think it
      was Måns) published a separate table and I _still_ haven't completely
      figured out the delta between his and mine because he moved things around
      and renamed them as well. Hence Rules 2 and 3.

      2. Do not worry about the order of the characters in the table right now.
      Ordering is irrelevant to the UCS character set encoding, and we can settle
      on the aesthetics of the table layout LATER.

      3. Do not worry too much about the character names right now. We do need to
      discuss them and settle on good ones, but they're less important than Rule
      4.

      4. We need to determine whether the character set is complete or not. Are
      there characters missing? Are there characters which are duplicates of each
      other and should be unified? Are there characters which are unified and
      should be differentiated? Do we have citations for EACH character we encode?

      Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
      Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169