2227Re: [elfscript] Re: Downloadable Quenya Dictionary

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Jul 2, 2003
      Teithant Edouard Kloczko:
      >Read Tolkiens' books! ;-)

      Of course read Tolkien's books, but one can read every Tolkien authored
      book and not find a convenient word list because Tolkien never wrote
      one.

      >There is NOT a single reliable dictionary of the
      >Elvish languages on-line, and that included
      >those dic. found on the Ardalambion site, which are
      >far from being flawless, mixing things into a
      >Mish-mash Ardalambion Elvish, not Tolkien's

      Of course you have a distaste for everything related to Helge or to
      Ardalambion, but for those looking for a reliable wordlst, they would be
      hard pressed to find one better than Helge's. Every entry is attested;
      there are no Neo-Quenya coinages there. He provides the roots from the
      Etymologies when known, and often where the words are found in the
      published sources. If you object to the wordlist because Tolkien did not
      compile it himself, shouldn't we consider the contents of "Le
      dictionnaire de langues elfiques" to be 'Mish-mash Kloczko Elvish, not
      Tolkien's'?