2092Re: hyarmen

  • xeeniseit
    May 13, 2003
      teithant xeeniseit:
      > Tell me at least a reason why you're ignoring the appendices.

      Then I shouldn't ignore them either. The appendices say something
      interesting on hyarmen: That in the beginning it was a weaker variant of
      harma. How is this to be understood? Does this mean that the palatal fricative
      hy is to be considered a variant of the velar one? Etymologically? I can't judge
      on that, as I don't know about Quenya etymology. Phonetically? This would
      seem strange to me, but maybe possible, but I'd like to have more evidence
      on it.

      suilaid
      xeeniseit
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic