1991Re: Markings

  • D. Daniel Andriës
    Apr 8, 2003
      Teithant Ve:
      > One or the other, come on, I get from one that ngwalme turned to
      > ngalme and from you I get nwalme, which is correct!? I'll just go
      by
      > Dan Smith...

      I think it's a better idea to go by J. R. R. Tolkien himself. In
      Appendix E of LotR he specifically states the name of the tegwa to be
      nwalme, formerly ngwalme. BTW, in Quenya both noldo and nwalme can
      only occur initially as far as we know.

      So would the correct word since I prefer sindarin be
      > TEITHO?

      _têw_ = tengwa (singular)
      _tîw_ = tengwar (plural)

      > Also please remember a good many of us are new at this and
      > talking down to us is very disheartening due to the fact I myself
      > view the many who can answer my questions as authorities and
      > knowledgeable.

      We understand this and are not trying to talk down to you. We commend
      you for your interest in learning the Tengwar and want to make sure
      that you learn what is correct to the best of our understanding.