1959Re: Devanagari: An Inspiration for the Tengwar?

  • abrigon
    Mar 31, 2003
      We do need to remember Prof Tolkien was raised in part in South
      Africa, that has a large east indian population, atleast one time.. It
      is also where Gandhi learned a bit of his lawyer ways..

      Not likely the Prof and Ganghi knew each other, but they had some
      similar exposure in a same time/place..

      Also seen in one of my books, a script by another English professor
      that looks alot like the later Tengwar.. Not sure of it's origin and

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic