1805Re: [elfscript] Quick question about Tenguar fonts

    Mar 6, 2003
      teithant shellnovski

      > I have a favourite short poem that I like. Using the
      > Quenya
      > dictionary, I have translated it into Quenya which I
      > enjoyed doing.

      cool... did you use grammar as well? if you used the
      dictionary ONLY, the result would be something like
      'me Tarzan, you Jane' :)

      > keyboard; writes it differently. The tenguar fonts
      > are Dan Smiths
      > version which is brilliant (happy with both - I
      > realise that using
      > the keyboard types out each letter whereas the
      > onscreen keyboard puts
      > vowels over letters). However, when I do the same
      > with Tengscribe (it
      > translates the entire lot together) it is different
      > again (I love
      > this too). All of them I have used Quenya
      > translation. I want to
      > select one of them but don't know which one to
      > choose - which one do
      > you think I should use for this particular
      > inscription? I thought
      > they would be the same. Is one more right than the
      > other?

      please read carefully the documentation that came with
      Dan Smiths fonts about tengwar spelling AND tengwar
      fonts awkward usage for Windows