1773Re: [elfscript] =)

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Feb 28, 2003
      Teithant Silvia:
      >I'd like to get my name (Silvia) translated in sindarin
      >but dunno who i could ask to!
      i found a
      >site where u can do that but im not sure thats
      >reliable! its:
      >http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.asp?Size=

      The Barrow Downs 'name translator' does not give accurate translations
      of names; its disclaimer states as much.
      The Quenya Lapseparma gives _Taurie_ as a Quenya translation of Silvia,
      and that seems apt since Q _taure_ = L 'silva'. So for Sindarin, I would
      recommend using _taur_ + a feminine ending, like _-eth_, _-wen_, _-ien_,
      or _-iel_. E.g. _Tauriel_, literally 'forest daughter' ... rather nice,
      I think!