1174Re: [elfscript] Turn $6.00 into $60,000...read this to find out how!

  • Neamh
    Aug 17, 2002
      Just to show I can back up my statement:

      http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/doznalrt.htm

      3. Chain letters

      You're asked to send a small amount of money ($5 to $20) to each of four or
      five names on a list, replace one of the names on the list with your own,
      and then forward the revised message via bulk email. The letter may claim
      that the scheme is legal, that it's been reviewed or approved by the
      government; or it may refer to sections of U.S. law that legitimize the
      scheme. Don't believe it.

      The scam: Chain letters-traditional or high-tech-are almost always illegal,
      and nearly all of the people who participate in them lose their money. The
      fact that a "product" such as a report on how to make money fast, a mailing
      list, or a recipe may be changing hands in the transaction does not change
      the legality of these schemes.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic