1139Re: name in tengwar characters

  • aj6t9
    Jul 31, 2002
      --- In elfscript@y..., "laurifindil" <ejk@f...> wrote:
      > --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
      > > teithant aj6t9
      > >
      > > > im new to the elvish language and was wanting to
      > > > know how my name
      > > > would be pronounced and how it would look - using
      > > > the style written
      > > > on the ring. Any help or suggestions would be great.
      > > >
      > > > Andrew-James
      > >
      > > According to Quenya Lapseparma your names are
      > > Veon-Encaitar (veh-on an keye-tar)...
      > >

      > Dear Newb, the so called "Quenya Lapseparma", which Gildor
      > is "promoting", has been made up by "Tolkien-freaks", and does not
      > contain any _reliable_ information about Tolkien's Elvish.

      cheers for that guys, im getting there slowly but surely, reading
      past posts i guess its better to know what my name means in english
      first - then change it over. I was never good at learning french so i
      guess this is going to take me a while to get a hang of it.

      again thsnks.
      > You "Elvish Name" (Veon-Encaitar) is just "mishmash" ; it is NOT
      > Elvish.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic