Warning!!! Junkmail!!!

  • Petri Tikka
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2003
      SINOME ME ÊÄ ~ ~

      NYE NA TYUR!!!!
      YÈ!!!

      failaNóreTUR

      P.S. Is this allowed?
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2003
        On Sep 18, 2003, at 10:00 AM, Petri Tikka wrote:

        > SINOME ME ÊÄ ~ ~
        >
        > NYE NA TYUR!!!!
        > YÈ!!!
        >
        > failaNóreTUR
        >
        > P.S. Is this allowed?

        That depends: are you sharp and unmoldy?
      • Petri Tikka
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2003
          Carl F. Hostetter wrote:
          > On Sep 18, 2003, at 10:00 AM, Petri Tikka wrote:
          >
          > > SINOME ME ÊÄ ~ ~
          > >
          > > NYE NA TYUR!!!!
          > > YÈ!!!
          > >
          > > failaNóreTUR
          > >
          > > P.S. Is this allowed?
          >
          > That depends: are you sharp and unmoldy?

          I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. If you fefer
          with "sharp" to my physical shape, I must say no, I am generally
          quite round, and with "unmoldy" that I am not covered with mold,
          then you are quite right. Otherwise if you are refering to my
          _mental_ shape, I don't get what you're pointing at (perhaps some
          king of a saying or dictum that I am not aware of). Besides, that
          would be irrelevant, because what I'm asking here is whether or not
          these kinds of idiotic and needless mails are generally allowed
          here, even if I weren't here to bother everyone with them. But maybe
          the answer is self-evident, in which case you can, if you will,
          freely remove these messages from the list archives.

          O. E. Tambaro
        • elimloth
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2003
            --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "Petri Tikka" <kari.j.tikka@w...>
            wrote some interesting words...

            I have been trying to reach you but your email account at welho is
            over quota. Do you have another working email address?

            Elimloth
          • Petri Tikka
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2003
              Sorry for the OT messages!

              Elimloth wrote to me:

              > I have been trying to reach you but your email account at welho is
              > over quota. Do you have another working email address?

              To my knowledge it isn't over quota any more. I have been receiving
              e-mail regularly for some days now. But you can also reach me at
              petristikka@..., if you must.

              P.S.T.
            • Helge K. Fauskanger
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 20, 2003
                Petri Tikka wrote:

                > SINOME ME ÊÄ ~ ~
                >
                > NYE NA TYUR!!!!
                > YÈ!!!
                (...)

                > P.S. Is this allowed?

                As Petri knows very well, it is not quite "allowed" in terms of grammar,
                though I can decipher this as "Here we are" and "I am cheese!!!! Yeah!!!"
                Rather it must be _sinome ealme_ (or _ealve_) and _nanye tyur_ (or _inye
                tyur ná_ if the speaker wants to emphasize that he, and no one else, is
                cheese).

                But somehow I think Petri was trying to illustrate another point than the
                subtleties of Quenya grammar...

                - HKF